sitarazeem, congratulations on having a baby.
Breast feeding is a blessing of ALLAH and a gift of mother to the newborn. Although ur baby is now 7months old (i guess) u can still try to start breast feeding.
And remember, Hepatitis B is not a contra-indication to breast feeding. Im surprised why ur doctor asked u to start formula milk and not the breast milk.
Also, im sure that ur baby would have recieved the vaccine for Hep. B (all 3 doses).
Now, if u want to start breast feeding along with the semi-solid foods, u have to follow these points:
- take calcium, multivitamins and iron tablets daily as prescribed by ur doctor.
- drink milk 3 times a day.
- drink 1 glass water before every feed.
- take fruits and fresh juices.
- make daal (mong) in liquid form and drink it daily.
- eat zeera.
- attach ur baby frequently to the breast for sucking (it has tremandous effect on starting breast milk)
- Discuss with Lactation Expert about ur condition, she will prescribe medicine also for the breast milk production. Its a short course of 5days that works positively.