Forum.Noorclinic.com
Noor Clinic Pakistan Forum

Letter to Erfiwa
  Welcome : Guest
Login | Register | Rules
Noor Clinic| Forum | Health| Sex | General |Pakistani Matrimonial| Site Map
Procedure | Recent Post |New Topic | Most Viewed| Paigham e Quran and Hadees
  Ask A Doctor
Warning: This Website is not for people who are less than 16 years of age. Please Exit

Medical Forum Categories
Medical Discussion
Unmarried Boys Problems
Unmarried Girls Problem
Married Men Problem
Married Women Problem
Religion and Sex
Religion and Culture
Social Problem
General Health
Non Medical Discussion
Food & Recipes
Sports & Games
Politics
Urdu
Career and Success
Articles
Chatting
Suggestions
Women Health
Men Health
Junk and Spam
NoorClinic
Home(General)
Home(Health and Sex)
Forum Procedure
Noor Clinic Home
Baby Care
Daily Questions
    Start New Topic  My Profile

test report

Married Women Problem

sarah. Group: Members  Joined: 29th Jan, 2010  Topic: 9  Post: 36  Age:  33  
Posted on:12th Mar 2012, 4:17pm

test report

sallam... mari shaadi ko 1 yr ho gaya hai... 2 months pehlay dr ne mujhe prolactin aur progestron ka test karaanay ko kahan.. at that time my report was
prolactin = 15 progestron = 0.6
for prolactin she gave my Brotin.. i ate brotin for 1 month but now when i had my prolactin test result is 45.6... its vv high due to which i m not even gettign pregnant....please help me out em vvvv tensed because of it n tell me wht should i eat to decrease it... i will be v thank ful
psychdoc Group: Members  Joined: 04th Mar, 2011  Topic: 11  Post: 1581  Age:  38  
Posted on:12th Mar 2012, 4:40pm

Prolactin And Progesterone:

Walaikum Salam.

Your prolactin level of 15 ng/ml was indeed normal. Generally prolactin level is measured in ng/ml, but sometimes other units of measurement can be used as well. Can you check your lab result and mention the correct units. However 45.6 is certainly elevated. Bye the way, being tense and stressed out is not going to help matters, it is actually going to further increase your prolactin levels.

Regarding your progesterone levels, again you did not mention the units of measurement. Also, when was your level drawn? It is important to know because progesterone levels vary significantly depending upon what day of the monthly cycle they are drawn.

Posted on:13th Mar 2012, 11:57pm

Re:

both tests was taken on 21st day of menstrual cycle.. and yes both r measured in ng/ml... plz reply soon
psychdoc Group: Members  Joined: 04th Mar, 2011  Topic: 11  Post: 1581  Age:  38  
Posted on:14th Mar 2012, 2:45pm

Low Progesterone Levels:

Your progesterone level of 0.6 on day 21 is very very low. It points towards the possibility of a condition called "luteal phase defect". This condition interferes with the ability to conceive and requires proper evaluation and treatment. The other possibilities are either you did not ovulate, or did not ovulate on day 14.Treatment options generally include ovulation inducing medications, and progesterone supplementation, but the proper treatment would depend upon the underlying cause.

Posted on:14th Mar 2012, 8:26pm

Re:

yes progestrone level has became 26ng/ml... this time problem is with prolactin... y did it increase after i had Brotin tablet???
Posted on:16th Mar 2012, 2:02pm

Your labs:

Can you tell exactly how much was your prolactin before your doctor had prescribed Brotin. Reason why I am asking this is that a prolactin level of 15 as you had initially mentioned, is entirely within normal limits and does not require treatment with brotin. So there is something missing here. Do you have any symptoms of prolactin excess , like fullness in breasts or discharge of milk from breasts?

Posted on:20th Mar 2012, 2:43pm

Re

sallam for 2 months back when i had my prolactin test it was 15ng/ml... my dr gave me Brotin to eat for one month that my prolactin should be 8ng/ml... i ate that tablet for 1 month now when i had my prolactin test its 45.8 ng/ml ... now telll me what should i do y is it increasing ?
Posted on:20th Mar 2012, 2:45pm

again

mujhe breast may ajeeb pain si feel ho rai thi last few days say but then i thought may be my size is increasing... there isnt any discharge stuff
Posted on:21st Mar 2012, 3:43pm

Prolactin levels:

A normal prolactin level in a non pregnant/non lactating female is anything under 20 ng/ml.Your level of 15, as I mentioned above, was entirely within normal limits so I am unclear as to why your doctor wanted it to be around 8, when 15 was absolutely within normal levels.

Bromocriptine( Brotin) is supposed to help lower the prolactin levels. However your levels went up after you started brotin. It is possible that you may have also developed another endocrine abnormality which is causing your levels to go up. Common conditions that cause elevation of prolactin include thyroid gland abnormalities, for which you should get your TSH level checked, polycystic ovaries, and pituatary gland tumors. Yet another explaination is that the dose of your brotin was very low. Generally, it is started at 2.5 mg at bedtime, and then the dose is gradually increased to upto 7.5 mg twice a day. How much were you on?

Posted on:23rd Mar 2012, 3:52pm

:(

what is endocrine abnormality? and TSH level kia hota hai? do u think there cann be anything serious? now my dr has given me pralodel 2.5mg... she said jab tak preg nai hoti continue rakho twice a day... that brotin was also 2.5 mg and wo be twice a day khanay ko di thi... em getting vvvvv tensed :(
Posted on:24th Mar 2012, 1:43pm

Your tests:

Endocrine abnormality means hormone imbalance. Abnormal thyroid function is also an endocrine abnormality which is not only very common, but can also effect the prolactin levels. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone level ( TSH level) is a blood test that is done to check for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. Thyroid gland dysfunction is a very common cause of infertility, but the good thing is that it is generally very easily treated. That's why I suggested that you get your TSH levels checked.

Please try not to get too tense and worried, as that will also cause your prolactin levels to go up.

By the way, parlodel has the same chemical composition as brotin ( they are essentially the same medications and have bromocriptine as their main chemical compound). 2.5 mg twice a day seems to be an appropriate dose, even though there is room to increase the dose if needed.

Have you ever had an ultrasound of your ovaries?
Posted on:24th Mar 2012, 4:35pm

Re:

yes i had my ultrasound on 12 day of menstrual cycle... dr said its fine.... now should i continue parlodel till pregnancy?
Posted on:25th Mar 2012, 1:16am

Sarah:

Yes, it would be a good idea to continue the parlodel until you get pregnant, or atleast until your prolactin level normalizes. Just wanted to mention to you that if you do get pregnant, then you will probably have to stop this pill because it can potentially have effects on the baby. Your doctor will let you know about that.
Posted on:10th Apr 2012, 11:37pm

Re:

sallam.... i told u that my dr recommended me Parlodel till pregnancy... i had Parlodel for one month... and today after a month and on 21st day of menstrual cycle i had my prolactin and progestron tests... and result was

Progestron = 14.3 ng/ml
prolactin = 1.7 ng/ml

now prolactin is v low... pregnancy ho sakti hai after this result?? em getting v tensed please reply me sooon and should i continue parlodel?
Posted on:10th Apr 2012, 7:33pm

Sarah:

Walaikum Salam.

Yes, prolactin has really gone down, and your doctor may want to either discontinue the parlodel or reduce the dose, while periodically checking the prolactin levels.

Your progesterone levels are a bit of a concern. They are on the lower side, and low progesterone levels at this stage of the cycle may point towards the possibility of luteal phase defect which interferes with the ability to conceive. I think I had mentioned to you about this before also when you had mentioned that your progesterone levels were 0.6 at day 21.

I think that in order to get a more clear picture of your problem, you need to get your FSH,LH, progesterone and estradiol levels also checked at day 3 of your cycle.

Good luck.

Posted on:10th Apr 2012, 7:52pm

sallam

sallam i went to my dr today... she didnt recommend me any test.. she asked me to continue parlodel once a day... and gave me cyclogest to use it for next 7 days... to keep the progestrone level balanced... is that ok?? and called me on 2nd day of menstrual cycle... what should i do? should i hv my fsh and lh tests my self?
Posted on:11th Apr 2012, 5:12pm

Sarah:

Walaikum Salam.

Cyclogest (a progesterone) is helpful when low progesterone levels cause irregular menses.

Regarding your labs, it would be good to have the FSH, LH, estradiol, and progesterone levels done, but you should follow your doctor's advice.

Posted on:11th Apr 2012, 6:37pm

Re

thnx psychdoc.... May ALLAH bless u with all the v best
Posted on:17th May 2012, 3:56pm

Sallam

sallam..how r u psychdoc? last month my dr said k maire progestron n prolactin k tests bilkul theek hain she gave me 4 HMG injections... i had my ultrasound on 13 day of menstrual cycle... my dr said eggs bohot acchay banay hain INSHALlAH is dafa pregnancy ho jay gi... but iss bar mujhe periods date se 3 din pehlay hi a gay... i was v hopefull this time but... now my dr said she will do my tubal test... can u plz tell me what is it??? n is k bad pegnancy ho jaygi na? plz reply soon
Posted on:18th May 2012, 7:24pm

Sarah:

Walaikum Salam. I'm fine thank you.

Regarding your progesterone level, it is meaningful only if it is done 7 days after ovulation, which generally is day 21 for women with regular monthly cycles, because ovulation generally occurs on day 14. Otherwise, if you did not ovulate on day 14, the progesterone levels are meaningless.

Regarding tubal test, I think you mean the HSG test or Hystero Salpingo Gram. Well, basically, it is an XRAY which is done after injecting a dye through the vagina, to check and make sure the female reproductive tract does not have any obstructions. Chances are, if you do not have any history of prior gynecologic surgery or do not have any history of recurrent pelvic infections, your test will come back as normal.

Good luck.

For More Detail Click On Page No: 1 2  >>

Pakistani Driver Honesty In Dubai  How to give interview on skype  Indian Students Dance In USA
  Prof Arshad Javed Hypnotist and Clinical Psychologist  

Warning :The information presented in this web site is not intended as a substitute for medical care. Please talk with your healthcare provider about any information you get from this web site.
© Copyright 2003-2017 www.noorclinic.com, All Rights Reserved Contact Us